If you have an existing account managed by the New Jersey Department of the Treasury (which is closed to new investors), go to NJ Treasury-Managed Performance.
Important Legal Information
Performance data shown represents past performance, which doesn't guarantee future results. A plan portfolio's investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance data quoted.
Nonqualified withdrawals are subject to federal income tax, a 10% federal tax penalty, state income taxes and possible penalties. Average annual total returns are net of the current Plan program management fee of 0.10% and expenses of the share classes of the underlying mutual funds in which Plan portfolios invest, currently up to 0.79% of assets, which may vary.1
See the Investor Handbook for more information on NJBEST 529 College Savings Plan, including sales charges, expenses, general risks of the Plan, general investment risks and specific risks of investing in Plan portfolios, which can include risks of convertible securities; country, sector, region or industry focus; credit; derivative securities; foreign securities, including currency exchange rates, political and economic developments, trading practices, availability of information, limited markets and heightened risk in emerging markets; growth or value style investing; income; interest rate; lower-rated and unrated securities; mortgages, asset-backed and credit-linked securities; life settlement investments; restructuring and distressed companies; securities lending; smaller and midsize companies; and stocks.
Investors should carefully consider plan investment goals, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain the Investor Handbook, which contains this and other information, call Franklin Templeton Distributors, Inc., the manager and underwriter for the plan, at (877) 4NJ-BEST. You should read the Investor Handbook carefully before investing and consider whether your or the beneficiary's home state offers any state tax or other benefits that are available for investments only in its qualified tuition program.
- Plan fees and expenses are subject to change. Underlying fund expenses will vary and in some cases have been reduced by fee and expense waivers or reimbursements, which may be ended at any time reducing future performance.
- The plan is managed by Franklin Mutual Advisers, LLC., an affiliate of Franklin Templeton Distributors, Inc. Plan portfolios generally invest in mutual funds managed by affiliates of Franklin Mutual Advisers, LLC. An investment in NJBEST 529 College Savings Plan is an investment in a municipal security that may invest in one or more underlying mutual funds. It is not an investment in shares of the underlying mutual fund(s).
- The inception date of each portfolio is the date on which it was first funded.
- Performance prior to May 6, 2009, reflects investment in Franklin Capital Growth Fund rather than Franklin Flex Cap Growth Fund.
- Performance prior to May 6, 2009, reflects an allocation of 25% of portfolio assets to Franklin Capital Growth Fund. From May 6, 2009 to July 14, 2010, that allocation was replaced by an allocation to Franklin Growth Fund; during that time the portfolio had an allocation of 50% of its assets to that fund. Beginning on July 15, 2010, half of the portfolio's allocation to Franklin Growth Fund has been replaced with an allocation to Franklin Flex Cap Growth Fund, so that the portfolio allocates 25% of its assets to each of those funds. .