Fund Allocation by Portfolio: See the latest quarterly allocation by asset class for each portfolio.
Return to Age-Based Allocations
Customize your own strategy.
You choose the investment mix of your NJBEST plan. 1 These portfolios allow you to invest your assets according to the amount of investment risk you're comfortable with and the potential return characteristics you prefer.
Franklin Corefolio 529 Portfolio 2
This portfolio invests in a combination of four underlying equity funds with distinct investment strategies. The allocation provides significant diversification across multiple industries, which may help reduce overall risk, and offers potential for long-term growth.
- 25% - Franklin Growth Opportunities Fund
- 25% - Franklin Growth Fund
- 25% - Templeton Growth Fund
- 25% - Franklin Mutual Shares
Franklin Growth Allocation 529 Portfolio
This growth portfolio is designed for investors with a longer time horizon and/or a higher tolerance for risk.
- 70% - Domestic Equity
- 30% - International Equity
Franklin Growth & Income Allocation 529 Portfolio
This moderate portfolio is designed for investors who have a long to medium time horizon and/or can tolerate a moderate amount of risk.
- 35% - Domestic Equity
- 15% - International Equity
- 40% - Income
- 10% - Cash
Franklin Income Allocation 529 Portfolio
This is a more conservative portfolio designed for investors with a short to medium time horizon and/or who are looking for a lower amount of risk.
- 80% - Income
- 20% - Cash
S&P 500 Index 529 Portfolio
This allocation is for investors looking for a portfolio that seeks to replicate the performance of holdings of the Standard & Poor's 500 Index before expenses.
- 100% - Domestic Equity
Franklin U.S. Government Money 529 Portfolio
This portfolio is designed for conservative investors seeking a high level of current income that is consistent with the preservation of shareholder's capital and liquidity.
- 100% - Income
Effective 11/1/15, Franklin Money 529 Portfolio was renamed Franklin Money U.S. Government 529 Portfolio. The Franklin U.S. Money 529 Portfolio is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency and it is possible to lose money by investing in the portfolio.
Investors should carefully consider plan investment goals, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain the Investor Handbook , which contains this and other information, call Franklin Templeton Distributors, Inc., the manager and underwriter for the plan, at (877) 4NJ-BEST. You should read the Investor Handbook carefully before investing and consider whether your or the account beneficiary's home state offers any state tax or other state benefits such as financial aid, scholarship funds, and protection from creditors that are only available for investments in its qualified tuition program.
- The plan is managed by Franklin Mutual Advisers, LLC, an affiliate of Franklin Templeton Distributors, Inc. Plan portfolios generally invest in mutual funds managed by affiliates of Franklin Mutual Advisers, LLC. An investment in Franklin Templeton 529 College Savings Plan is an investment in a municipal security that may invest in one or more underlying mutual funds. It is not an investment in shares of the underlying mutual fund(s).
- Effective 8/26/16, the Franklin Flex Cap Growth Fund was replaced with the Franklin Growth Opportunities Fund as a fixed investment allocation for the Franklin Corefolio 529 Portfolio. If you have any questions, please contact Shareholder Services.