Investing for a college education takes a long-term plan with clear objectives. Our College Savings Projector Calculator is designed to help you do the following:
- Calculate total potential projected costs based on assumptions
- Estimate how long it could take to reach established savings goals
- Consider alternatives for your college savings plan.
Before you begin, be sure to take into consideration the following features of the Planner:
- You can plan for up to five students or address up to five different scenarios at one time.
- You can use the "College Costs Search" button to look up projected costs for specific U.S. colleges and universities.
- You can get a quick pictorial snapshot or click on the "Download PDF Report" button for a more detailed report
College Savings Projector Calculator
Important. This calculator is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant as legal, tax, estate planning or investment advice. You should review your overall tax plan with a tax professional. The results of these calculations are estimates based solely on user input and the assumptions of the calculator program. All examples are hypothetical and intended for illustrative purposes only. Investment results do not represent the future performance of any Franklin Templeton funds or 529 college investment plan.
Investors should carefully consider plan investment goals, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain the Investor Handbook, which contains this and other information, call Franklin Templeton Distributors, Inc., the manager and underwriter for the plan, at (877) 4NJ-BEST. You should read the Investor Handbook carefully before investing and consider whether your or the account beneficiary's home state offers any state tax or other benefits that are only available for investments in its qualified tuition program.