Make a Withdrawal

You are ready to use your savings. You can either request a check or transfer to another bank via Automated Clearing House (ACH). All requests must be made by the account owner. Franklin Templeton Investments does not take distribution instructions from a beneficiary.

Please note that for your initial distribution directly to a school, you must call us or submit your request in writing. After this initial request, you may make future distributions via your online account.


Log in to your account. Once logged in, scroll down to your Education Savings Portfolios, and from the drop down, choose Sell Shares.



Call us at 877-4NJ-BEST/465-2378

Mail or Fax

If you prefer to process your withdrawal by mail or fax:

  1. Download and print

  2. Send to:

    Regular Mail
    NJBEST 529 College Savings Plan
    P.O. Box 33090
    St. Petersburg, FL 33733-8090

    Overnight Mail
    NJBEST 529 College Savings Plan
    100 Fountain Parkway
    St. Petersburg, FL 33716-1205


    Please note: The withdrawal form cannot be faxed if a signature guarantee is required. Additionally, checks are distributed from CA, so please allow for adequate delivery time.

    A signature guarantee may be required if the distribution request indicates the following:

    • If proceeds are over $100,000.
    • If proceeds are being sent to a bank account that does not list the 529 Account Owner.
    • If proceeds are being sent via federal wire.
    • If a check is being sent to a third party (not required when the check is being sent to an eligible higher educational institution).

Manage Account

Related Resources